The achievements are first and foremost the result of the combined philosophy and actions of the direction, teachers, and pupils of Kidiki. Together with them, we worked on:
- building and providing windows and doors for classrooms, a library, a lab space, archival space, and a teacher’s.
- official accreditation of the secondary school, allowing to hand out legally recognized degrees!
- Providing electricity and placement of solar panels, purchase of didactic materials.
- Building dorm rooms for girls and for boys from the secondary school, including bunk beds and mosquito nets.
- providing second-hand sporting materials.
- the project ‘Kidiki online’. A dream in 2013, a reality in 2016! Michael, the school’s principal, teachers and pupils are very excited that they have internet access through the school. Pupils see illustrations in colour, exam questions are computerized, end of year reports are printed on a small printer, the pupils of the final grade receive two hours of computer instruction on a weekly basis.
- we are looking to attract someone to manage and coordinate all It related matters.
- we started building a dorm room for the primary school boys.
The achievements are first and foremost the result of the combined philosophy and actions of the members. Together with them, we worked on:
- doubling the micro-investments of the group to benefit one or more members of the group (buying seeds, paying school fees of members or their children, medication, ...).
- but also working towards bigger projects: a piglet for each member, creating a banana plantation, ...
- development of a business plan for a business project on renting out materials for festivities. The members realize that solely focusing on agriculture is not sufficient. More diversification is need to escape poverty.
Dairy Farmers Coorporation
The achievements are first and foremost the result of the combined philosophy and actions of the members of the cooperation. Together with them, we worked on:
- joint purchase of 100 of agricultural land
- joint purchase of a farming tractor
- supporting the Tourism project
- supporting the further development of the Vocational Training Center
- connecting to the water supply and building a water reservoir
- building of ‘practical units’ for cows, goats, pigs, and chickens
- providing cement floors, and plastering and painting of walls for classrooms
- startup of classes
- purchase of handbooks and didactical materials
- the members of Okwagaanana in Namwendwa
- numerous individual sponsors in Belgium, big and small, they support us in thought and action
- our granddaughters Kika and Livia, and Esmée, daughter of Elke and François, who give us their birth present
- the primary schools of Berlaar and Kessel-Lo and the secondary school of Mechelen who set up successful fundraiser actions
- companies who sponsor our actions, such as Telenet, Informeel Bvbam De Lannoy consult Bvba, HaCeCo-T, Texas instruments, Salembier BVBA
- from The Netherlands, members of PUM and in particular Mr. Paulus Hettinga provide advice for the Dairy Famers Cooperation
- the town of Machelen financially supports the Vocational Training Center
- the Vilvoorde Council if International Development supports the project
- Wereldwinkel Vilvoorde: ondersteunt het project
- sports clubs such as the Machelen Soccer club who donate soccer balls, volleyballs, shirts, …